Buns Up Baby, a fantastic little online shop for all things pocket diapers and accessories!
Buns Up Baby carries two types of pocket diapers--the original Minkee Buns and the latest & greatest BunsUp 2.0 Diaper (released only this week). These diapers start at only $9.99/piece at the cheapest price point, and they come in a huge variety of sweet little prints! Also up for sale on the site are handy wet bags, pail liners, and extra inserts--both microfibre and bamboo.
Up for review, Amber sent me one of the original Minkee Buns diapers in the sweet "Milky Way" cow print. This is my second cow print diaper and I absolutely love how cute these look on my toddler as she waddles around. With gender-unknown Baby #2 on the way for our family, I also love that it's fantastically gender neutral (Buns Up Baby has plenty of gender neutral prints as well as prints specifically for boys or girls).
This pocket diaper fits the way I love a pocket diaper to fit. The rounded tabs laid much flatter than I'm accustomed to with several other brands I've tried (I often find round tabs curl, but these weren't nearly as bad as some other PUL types I've tried recently). Crossover snaps on the tabs mean that small-waisted babies can get an even snugger fit. Hip snaps on both sides mean a nice trim fit on the hipbones as well as no "wing droop" (where parts of the diaper slide out of the waterproof layer) so that leaks don't happen. I have never had a leak while using this diaper.
The pocket itself has a microsuede inner lining on the top which I love for messy toddler diapers. Since I don't use a diaper sprayer or liners, I rely on the oldschool "dunk and swish" toilet cleaning method for soiled diapers. I find that at this phase of diapering, microsuede is far kinder to us than fuzzy microfibre is (since it's perfectly smooth, it comes quite clean even when shaken and even cleaner when rinsed). Stuffing at the back, this diaper has a nice snug, scrunched up elastic in the back waistband where the pocket opens, so stuffing is easy even for larger hands like my husband's. The pocket can accomodate being stuffed with whatever you prefer most--compact folded prefolds, microfibre inserts, bamboo inserts, or even stacked (doubled) inserts for naps or nighttime. Each Buns Up Baby pocket diaper comes with one microfibre insert included. It was the typical type of microfibre insert that comes with all the Chinese-manufactured diapers, and for daytime wear, it did the trick (I double stuff with items from my own personal stash for naps or nighttime).
Overall, these diapers are inexpensively priced at only $9.99 a piece. They hold up well to wear and tear, even that of a busy toddler who's into climbing, running, and tumbling at full speed. The snaps never budged, nor could they be pulled off by defiant fingers. Laundry was simple and this diaper always washed clean. Overall, it comes highly recommended for anyone looking for a great new brand of pocket diaper to try, particularly if you're on the hunt for some cute new minky prints! :)
Read on to find out how you can win one of these lovely diapers for your own little one!
Head over to Buns Up Baby right now and browse through all their cute diapers & accessories!
Buns Up Baby is also offering one lucky winner a free pocket diaper of their choice!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 04/01/12 at 11:59 PM MST
OPEN ONLY TO CANADA & THE UNITED STATES
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
- leave a separate comment for each action completed
- don't forget your email address for each entry
WAYS TO ENTER:
- Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious)
- Visit Buns Up Baby and mention in a comment one item that you'd be interested to try from their online shop
- ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook
- 'Like' Buns Up Baby on Facebook and leave a quick comment on their wall to say thank you
- Follow @CDcontests on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Follow @BunsUpBaby on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Tweet this contest and tag @CDcontests and @BunsUpBaby (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
- Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog
- Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name)
- Share a link to this review & giveaway on a message board and leave us a reference link to where it's been shared
- Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
- Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (add 3 entries)
#Win a pocket diaper of your choice from @BunsUpBaby via @CDcontests (04/01) http://bit.ly/FPGQDO #ecofriendly #contest #giveaway #clothdiapers
Final details: I received financial compensation for administering this review & giveaway as well as receiving the sample items free of charge. All opinions shared are my own, and I was not persuaded to share anything other than my own honest thoughts. Other users may have different experiences with this product than what I have shared. This giveaway will end on April 1, 2012 at 11:59pm MST and is open to residents of Canada and the USA only. Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org’s services. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen. The prize will be supplied and mailed out to the winner by the sponsor of this giveaway.