I am very excited to partner with "mompreneur" Rachelle on this latest review & giveaway. Based out of Maple Ridge, BC, this Canadian mama of three began Tender Tushies after she herself tried many different types of modern cloth diapers and finally found her "perfect" diaper! Her entire lineup of manufactured Tender Tushies diapers features a wide variety of pocket diapers--some which are similar to others I've seen before, and some that seem to be an all new creation! I was excited to give all these gorgeous products a whirl and let all of you lovely readers know just what I thought!
Up for review, Rachelle sent me three Tender Tushies diapers--one "Polka Dot" print, one "Purple Purple Eater" solid, and one "bamboo red" diaper. She also threw in a cute white & black polka dot wetbag for me to "test drive" :)
|Round tab print PUL diaper ($10)|
However, there is one MAJOR upside to these rounded tab diapers when compared to other round tabs I've tried before--they also have an extra hip snap like their square tab counterparts, as well as a crossover capacity on the tabs themselves. I've never seen these two features in a round tab diaper before! I love these extra snap options for a couple of reasons--firstly, of course they provides a better fit (the hip snap prevents wing droop and therefore leaks and blowouts; and, the crossover capabilities mean a perfect bit even when baby is at a bit of a strange size).
Secondly, apart from this more obvious perk, I am also very particular with how I stuff and fold my pockets for putting them away in diaper bags & baskets, and having crossover tabs means I can fold and SNAP SHUT this round tab diaper as well, making it more compact and stackable in my stash. Typically, my round tab diapers are flopping all over the place in my basket, coming unraveled and having the inserts shift and bunch even before Baby has worn them!
|Great snapping options make this diaper fit perfectly|
|Rise snaps snug the diaper up to the perfect size|
While these two aforementioned Tender Tushies diapers are quite similar & comparable to others I've tried before (similar to many Kawaiis & other Chinese-manufactured names), Tender Tushies also offers another type of pocket unlike any I've ever tried before. I'm absolutely ga-ga for this diaper: their bamboo pocket diaper!
|Bamboo pocket diaper with bamboo insert|
|Outer Material: "70% Bamboo Fiber; 30% Cotton; Waterproof PUL"|
Inner Material: "100% Bamboo Carbon Fiber; Micro-polar fleece"
|My favorite diaper in ages!|
Lastly, this bamboo pocket diaper also comes with its own insert--a 5 layer, super absorbant insert with a uniquely soft, smooth surface of bamboo. This insert is super soft, super compact and trim, and has been abosolutely foolproof for me!
This is honestly my favorite diaper that I've tried this year, and I plan to hopefully buy a bunch as gifts in the new year!
|Double-zippered wetbag (medium)|
Head over to Tender Tushies right now and browse through all their cute diapers & accessories!
Tender Tushies is also offering one lucky winner one cloth diaper of your choice!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 11/30/11 at 11:59 PM MST
OPEN ONLY TO CANADA & THE UNITED STATES
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
- leave a separate comment for each action completed
- don't forget your email address for each entry
WAYS TO ENTER:
- Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious)
- Visit Tender Tushies and mention in a comment one item that you'd be interested to try from their online shop
- ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook
- 'Like' Tender Tushies on Facebook and leave a quick comment on their wall
- Follow @CDcontests on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Tweet this contest and tag @CDcontests (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
- Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog
- Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name)
- Share a link to this review & giveaway on a message board and leave us a reference link to where it's been shared
- Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
- Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (add 3 entries)
#Win a Tender Tushies cloth diaper of your choice via @CDcontests (11/30) http://bit.ly/rR2qP4 #clothdiapers #ecofriendly #contest #giveaway
Final details: I received financial compensation for administering this review & giveaway as well as receiving the sample item free of charge. All opinions shared are my own, and I was not persuaded to share anything other than my own honest thoughts. Other users may have different experiences with this product than what I have shared. This giveaway will end on November 30, 2011 at 11:59pm MST and is open to residents of Canada and the USA only. Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org’s services. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen. The prize will be supplied and mailed out to the winner by the sponsor of this giveaway.