Figure 8 Maternity is a super cute online boutique (their website makes me feel uber posh as I browse it from my pajamas at home! lol--check out their cute graphics & you'll see what I mean!) specializing in all things pregnancy, mom, and baby. They carry a bunch of hip, gorgeous maternity clothes, nursing bras, breast pumps, post-partum shapewear and accessories, and a huge selection of cute and unique baby gear, wear, and accessories, including cloth diapers. I love that this is a "one-stop shop" where a pregnant mama really settling into her "nesting" phase could get a lot accomplished! heehee! ;)
Up for review, Figure 8 sent me a bumGenius 4.0--a stay-dry pocket diaper in the gorgeous "Zinnia" color! This color is probably my new fav in our stash for our darling little Aurelia--it's so feminine but punchy and bold at the same time. I would say that this diaper is a "heavy duty" diaper that has great structure and workmanship. The velcro on it seems super-strength! It is thick and supersticky, which can frankly be both a good and a bad thing. The good is obviously that once put onto your baby (or your toddler, especially!), it stays PUT! They could not easily fiddle with this velcro, and you won't find it easily snagging on clothing, etc and yanking free. The width and heft of the velcro does make the waistband of this diaper feel slightly less soft & flexible than the snap diapers I'm used to, though. The super-sticky feature of the velcro means that if you don't properly fasten your diapers before putting them in the wash, you might find yourself having to unsnag the velcro from a huge "diaper chain" or from other covers and laundry in the load. The bumGenius 4.0 does have AMAZING fold-back diaper tabs built in, though, just for the laundering purpose. Simply fold the tabs back before tossing into your pail, and these tabs won't move an inch while in the wash (they have never come undone yet for me). I did have to pick the occasional hair or lint out of the velcro band post-wash cycle, though.
|These fold back laundry tabs hold tight in the wash|
|Two microfibre inserts are included with every shell you buy|
The inner lining of this diaper is a soft, synthetic microsuede that comes clean very easily. Although I have primarily microfleece diapers in my stash, I am always happy when my little toddler is wearing a microsuede lined diaper come time for a #2 diaper change--they are so, so much easier to clean over the toilet, especially since I don't ever use a diaper sprayer. This diaper was no exception; it cleaned particularly well with the old dump & swish method, sparing mama extra work in the washing department ;)
|A generous pocket is easy to stuff with a clean insert, and the soft microsuede liner is easy to clean!|
This diaper is made one-size by its adjustable rise snaps, and it should fit most babies from 8-35lbs. The outer PUL shell is snug and trim and has held up very well through my intensive laundering regimen (which even includes vinegar in every pre-soak--a big no-no, I know, but a step that is necessary for our household at this time!).
Although (I confess!) I still love snapping diapers most, I love that this is a diaper that I can leave when daddy, grandma, or another babysitter is watching Aurelia for the day. Even for the cloth diapering faint of heart, this diaper couldn't get simpler to clean and use--it really does go on just as quickly & easily as a disposable--a definite plus once you've got a walker on your hands like we now do with 14 month old baby girl!!
Overall, I now know why bumGenius is still one of the top names in cloth diapering today. Although the diapers do come with a bit of a larger price tag than some other overseas made brands, many customers feel that the 1 year warranty on each diaper more than pays for itself in terms of ease of mind that any problems will be remedied!
And now, read on to see how Figure 8 Maternity is providing you with a wonderful opportunity to win a bumGenius 4.0 for your own baby!
Head over to Figure 8 Maternity right now and pick up a bumGenius 4.0 for yourself!
Figure 8 Maternity is also offering one lucky winner a bumGenius 4.0 pocket diaper in your choice of available color!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 11/6/11 at 11:59 PM MST
OPEN ONLY TO CANADA & THE UNITED STATES
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
- leave a separate comment for each action completed
- don't forget your email address for each entry
WAYS TO ENTER:
- Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious)
- Visit Figure 8 Maternity and mention in a comment something else that you'd be interested to try from their online shop
- ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook
- 'Like' Figure 8 Maternity on Facebook and leave a quick comment on their wall
- Follow @CDcontests on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Follow @fig8maternity on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Tweet this contest and tag @fig8maternity and @CDcontests (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
- Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog
- Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name)
- Share a link to this review & giveaway on a message board and leave us a reference link to where it's been shared
- Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
- Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (add 3 entries)
#Win a @bumgenius 4.0 stay-dry diaper from @fig8maternity via @CDcontests (11/6) http://bit.ly/vHoj97 #clothdiapers #contest #giveaway
Final details: I received financial compensation for this review or giveaway as well as receiving the sample item free of charge. All opinions shared are my own, and I was not persuaded to share anything other than my own thoughts. Other users may have different experiences with this product than what I have shared. This giveaway will end on November 6, 2011 at 11:59pm MST and is open to residents of Canada and the USA only. Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org’s services. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen. The prize will be supplied and mailed out to the winner by the sponsor of this giveaway.