Delving into the world of prefolds this past summer was a scary thing for me since I knew that using oldschool diaper pins was definitely not within my comfort zone, being the sleep-deprived klutz that I am! So, when I started networking with blogging friend Shannon (a.k.a. The Artful Mama) and chatting about her "Diaper Parties" Consulting service & business through Everything Birth, I was excited to hear that we could partner together on having me demo a Snappi, a pinless cloth diaper fastener!
I had seen pictures of Snappis before and wasn't quite sure how I felt about them. In the photos I had seen, they looked rigid, and I imagined that they would be hard to work with and adjust on a growing (and wriggling!) baby! Little did I know (until I received the Snappi in the mail), these are actually made of a very soft, pliable rubber/silicone type material that allows them to bend, flex, twist, and stretch.
|The Snappi arms are flexible and stretchy for a great fit & grip|
The Snappi fastener works like a tensor bandage claw, only it has three claws that are triangulated into three branches to ensure that equal tension holds a prefold snuggly in place on the tummy. I should mention that these claws are extremely sharp and could definitely cut sensitive baby skin, so you want to make sure that the Snappi ends are really anchored in well before you leave the prefold as is. For playtime and for mobile wee ones, I would definitely recommend using a cover while using the Snappi to avoid any owies that could result from curious fingers prying at it. All that being said, however, I have NEVER had it snag anything, come undone, or--frankly--move one bit, even when being worn for a 12 hour overnight stint. It holds really well, and the diaper never sags or bags even after lots of tumbling around.
|A soft, stretchy tab protects the firm claw below|
I am now the hugest prefold lover, thanks to this handy little fastener! And, quite honestly, one or two is all you need. If it ever happens to get soiled, this little fastener would be a cinch to rinse off in the sink. Having one at home for us has worked just fine since we primarily use fastened prefolds only for nighttime. I could see that having a second one in a diaper bag could also come in handy in a pinch, and since they honestly take up less space than a tube of lipstick, they are a no-brainer to keep in several handy locations (or at the babysitter's house, etc).
The Snappi comes in two different sizes--Size 1 (infant) and Size 2 (toddler), and with plenty of stretch these have a wide range of fits for all baby body types and waist sizes. At only $3.95 (infant) and $4.95 (toddler) each, these are honestly one of the best inventions for modern diapering. I could never go back to not having one, and I'm so thankful for Shannon to introducing me to this handy gadget!
Head on over to Shannon's store, which has hundreds of amazing diapering, baby, and mommy products, Snappis aside. Stocked by Everything Birth, her online store is honestly a terrific one-stop shop for any items you've been meaning to pick up. If you end up making a purchase, don't forget to apply that towards some extra entries in our giveaway below! :)
Head over to Shannon's consulting page with Everything Birth right now and buy your very own diapers, accessories, and other baby & mommy products from a huge selection of amazing products!
Shannon Riley, Diaper Consultant is also offering one lucky winner a Snappi fastener in your choice of size (infant/toddler) and in-stock color!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 9/24/11 at 11:59 PM MST
OPEN ONLY TO CANADA & THE UNITED STATES
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
- leave a separate comment for each action completed
- don't forget your email address for each entry
WAYS TO ENTER:
- Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious)
- Visit Shannon's 'Everything Birth' shop and mention another item from their online shelves that you would be interested to try out
- Make a purchase from the Shannon's Everything Birth Shop and allow yourself one extra entry per item purchased!
- ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook
- 'Like' Diaper Parties by Shannon on Facebook and leave a quick comment on her wall
- 'Like' The Artsy Mama (Shannon's blogging alter-ego) on Facebook and leave quick comment on her wall
- Follow @CDcontests on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Follow @ClothDP_Shannon on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Tweet this contest and tag @ClothDP_Shannon and @CDcontests (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
- Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog
- Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name)
- Share a link to this review & giveaway on a message board and leave us a reference link to where it's been shared
- Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
- Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (add 3 entries)
#Win a Snappi #clothdiapers fastener from @ClothDP_Shannon via @CDcontests (9/24) http://bit.ly/n2RoED #clothdiapers #baby #contest #giveaway
Final details: I received no financial compensation for this review or giveaway, though I did receive the sample items free of charge. All opinions shared are my own, and I was not persuaded to share anything other than my own thoughts. Other users may have different experiences with this product than what I have shared. This giveaway will end on September 24, 2011 at 11:59pm MST and is open to residents of Canada and the USA only. Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org’s services. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen. The prize will be supplied and mailed out to the winner by the sponsor of this giveaway.