Having already worked with Miranda of the Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot once before on a product review (for a bambinoBUMS wet bag), I was more than happy to once again review a brand new product that they are debuting from their custom bambinoBUMS product line. This summer, their bambinoBUMS one-size pocket diapers are back with a brand new style, and with all new hip colors for summer (these are honestly some of the cutest colors I've ever seen, in rare shades like Jade Green, Papaya, Marina Blue, Raspberry, and more!). Up for review, Miranda sent me their famous pocket diaper in Papaya, which is a punchy orange. Believe it or not, it's the first orange diaper in my ever-growing stash! I was so excited! :)
The one thing I noticed once I received and tried this diaper is that its style is very similar to some other diaper lines that are beginning to debut out there (such as the line by Lovely Pocket Diapers, which I reviewed last month). Off-shore made diapers are continuing to get better and better in their quality, with even more selections of prints and solids, and they stay affordable as ever in their pricing. The bambinoBUMS lineup is no exception. I felt that these are well-constructed diapers that felt solid to me, and at the summer pricing of only $11.20 for the shell plus insert, these are an affordable choice for most families.
|This diaper is highly customizable in sizing, fitting from small to extra large (7-35 lbs)|
|cross-over snaps on the waist|
The tabs on this diaper are rounded, which is not always my favorite design (there are plenty of other diapers out there with this pattern as well). I simply find that I prefer the square-tab style better since it seems to better prevent the fabric from rolling and flipping up at the edge. This is purely an aesthetic value, however, as the snaps still stayed fastened just as well, and once pants or sleepers were on, the edges laid flat under the clothing.
|diapers with rounded tabs can have a tendency to curl and flip on the edge|
|the back pocket is elasticized, roomy, and uncovered so you can easily shake out the soiled insert|
|in this style of diaper, be cautious to ensure all the lining is tucked in to prevent wicking|
The inner lining itself is a soft microsuede (not fleece) that lays flatter and smoother. Microsuede is superior to microfleece in that it rinses cleaner and is very easy for simply dumping solids over the toilet (nothing sticks to its smooth surface). However, in terms of stay-dry capacity, I still prefer microfleece over the suede to a slight degree. Although this pocket design does a great job of wicking moisture down into the microfibre pad beneath the top layer, I do find that the microsuede can retain a bit of a damp feeling to it, especially if the underpad is saturated. For that reason, I always added a microfleece liner for overnight use, just to ensure that baby's bottom stayed nice and dry.
|all the snaps allow for a perfect fit!|
I love to see bambinoBUMS constantly coming out with such fabulous new product lines, and I always love supporting a local mom who is just down the highway from me, too! Read on, because Miranda would also like to send one of our lucky readers a treat from bambinoBUMS too!
Head over to the Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot to check out their bambinoBUMS one-size pocket diapers.
SUMMER SPECIAL: All bambinoBUMS diapers are 20% for the month of July! Don't miss it!
Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot is also offering one lucky winner a bambinoBUMS OS Pocket Diaper in their choice of available color!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 7/26/11 at 11:59 PM MST
OPEN ONLY TO CANADA & THE UNITED STATES
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
- leave a separate comment for each action completed
- don't forget your email address for each entry
WAYS TO ENTER:
- Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious)
- Visit the bambinoBUMS slideshow on Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot's website and mention which color you'd most like to try if you win
- ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook
- 'Like' Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot on Facebook and leave a quick comment on their wall
- Follow @CDcontests on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Tweet this contest and tag @CDcontests (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
- Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog
- Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name)
- Share a link to this review & giveaway on a message board and leave us a reference link to where it's been shared
- Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
- Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (add 3 entries)
#Win a bambinoBUMS pocket diaper via @CDcontests http://bit.ly/nnj8qe (7/26) #clothdiapers #baby #giveaway