I very much enjoy being a product tester who can shed some new light on innovative products out there, and I have to say that this latest diaper I have tried can definitely qualify as being the most innovative, unique, creative diaper I have ever tried to date. Typically the cloth diapers I have tried (a great many of them!) have rectangular inserts (most frequently microfibre), with some sort of stay-dry lining (most often microsuede or microfleece), and the vast majority of the one-size ones I've tried have adjustable rise snaps.
The latest diaper I have tried, the ION by Evolution Diapers has none of these features, yet it is a one-size, stay-dry pocket diaper. I'm excited to share its unique, groundbreaking & newly patented technology with you!
The ION diaper, the brainchild of Evolution's CEO, Stacee Magee, is probably the most adjustable modern-styled diaper I have come in contact with. It features fully adjustable elastics for both the leg and waist, allowing the leg openings to flex from a teeny tiny 4 inches all the way to a chunky 14 inches at the thigh. At the waist, the elastic & snaps combo can cinch the waist from a generous 22 inches all the way down to a newborn-sized 9 inches. Truly, I believe that this diaper could deliver on its promise to diaper your child from newborn days all the way to potty training days--or, from 5-40 lbs.
|multiple hidden elastics provide a perfect, customized fit|
|the size of the Evolution ION compared to another typical OS pocket diaper. Note how much smaller the leg gussets can be fitted|
|The smallest fit on the ION compared with the smallest fit on another typical OS snapping pocket diaper|
|the ION comes with two inserts, sewn doubled up for added absorption|
The ION is still a pocket diaper though, and it comes with two very unique inserts that are contoured to perfectly fit this diaper's pocket as well as baby's body. One insert is smaller, for when the diaper is sized much smaller--it has a contoured shape and comes in either a hemp/organic cotton blend or in a bamboo viscouse blend. I received the bamboo insert and was pleasantly surprised just how thin it was (much thinner than a microfibre insert). Although not soft and fluffy like microfibre, this insert still had super absorbant properties and was much less bulky in the pocket as it laid nice and flat. The larger insert has contoured "wings" towards the back (to fill in the tab sections of the diaper's snapping portion, near the bum) that ensure extra moisture absorption even through the seat of the diaper, especially during naptime. All the inserts have multiple layers sewn in to make them super absorbant.
|the large, contoured insert fills in the "seat" of the diaper well|
|this generous pocket is easy to stuff, and here you see the COOLMAX inner lining|
We never had a leak while wearing this diaper, whether from playtime to naptime, to double stuffing at bedtime, and I think I can attribute that the the great fit--as long as you take the time to carefully position your inner elastics, you should be good to go. I was shocked at how well the thin bamboo inserts absorbed, though I do with they would have laundered a little cleaner in terms of staining--though a bit of extra staining is to be expected from all natural fibres. I would recommend line-drying this insert in the sun to reduce staining and then tossing it in the dryer for the last 5-10 minutes to reduce the typical "crispiness" that natural fibres can get with purely air drying them.
Overall, this is a very neat diaper with great new North American, patented technology. The only down sides are the bit of a learning curve with it as it does function a little differently than other pocket diapers you might be used to, but if you are looking for something versatile and effective, this is a great new diaper line to investigate!
Head over to the Evolution Diapers right now to buy one of these innovative pocket diapers of your very own, for only $23.99!
Plus, if you mention in the comment box at checkout that you are purchasing because of this blog review, Stacee will throw in a free doubler with your order! Plus, currently, free shipping or 1/2 price international shipping is available!
Evolution Diapers is also offering one lucky winner a one-sized Evolution ION pocket diaper in their choice of available print!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 6/13/11 at 11:59 PM MST
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
- leave a separate comment for each action completed
- don't forget your email address for each entry
WAYS TO ENTER:
- Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious)
- Mention your favorite diaper print or product sold on the Evolution Diapers website.
- Make a purchase from the Evolution Diapers website. Give yourself 2 entries for each item purchased & mention what you bought.
- ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook
- 'Like' Evolution Diapers on Facebook and leave a quick comment on their wall
- Follow @CDcontests on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Follow @EvolutionDiaper on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Tweet this contest and tag @CDcontests (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
- Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog
- Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name)
- Share a link to this review & giveaway on a message board and leave us a reference link to where it's been shared
- Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
- Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (add 3 entries)
#Win the ION cloth diaper by @EvolutionDiaper via @CDcontests (6/13) http://bit.ly/jWh1JS #clothdiapers #baby #contest #giveaway