Up for review, Christie and Trey offered to send me a pocket diaper of my own choice. Since many diapers I've selected so far have been very practical in their look, I decided to go for something a little more funky this time, and I picked their "Animal Printed Fuzzy Wuzzy" pocket dipe in the Cow Print (there are also 4 other very cute animal print diapers in their shop, if that's up your alley!). This diaper is constructed with a fuzzy minky outer shell (lined in PUL) and has a SUPER, SUPER soft microfleece on the inside (seriously some of the softest I've felt!). Each diaper also comes with 1 microfibre insert which will absorb approximately 1 cup of liquid in total. I was very excited to get this cute diaper on Baby Aurelia!
The first thing I noticed when fastening it was the snap pattern. I absolutely LOVE the snaps on these Comfy Rumps diapers. They are similar to Dinkledooz or Hipkiddo snaps, for those of you who have seen similar patterns elsewhere. In fact, this is my favorite snap pattern out of all the styles of snaps out there; there are two top snaps on either side plus a hip snap on either side, and there is full cross-over capacity with the stretchy tabs. So, overall, this diaper provides a great, leakless fit, whether your baby has skinny or chunky thighs or a skinny or bulging belly! As this is a one-size diaper, there are also three rows of rise snaps to adjust for small, medium, and large rises. I loved how customizable the fit was!
|The terrific snap layout provides a flexible, perfect fit|
|the elastic and liner remain loose & open to allow for easy stuffing|
The one concern worth mentioning is one I've had before with other pocket diapers that do not stuff with an envelope style (with a flap covering the insert). This pocket has a wide-open pocket (with no flap) which does provide for easy stuffing and insert removal. You may recognize that FuzziBunz diapers have a similar style opening. However, I notice that Fuzzibunz has a bit of a snugger lining and smaller inserts (which at times can be hard to stuff, actually) whereas these Comfy Rumps pockets have a looser lining and larger insert. I like that the looser lining can help fit your hand inside when stuffing, and I like that the larger insert provides more surface area for absorption. However, several times I caught a little piece of the liner or insert trailing out the back, and we did get wicking problems due to our own negligence. After I caught on to what was happening (usually after I had applied the diaper while distracted or half-asleep!), I made sure to tuck everything in snugly, or even started rolling the loose bit of liner down overtop of the insert and making my own little envelope-style flap. This was my one concern with these diapers and is something to watch out for when you first begin using them, especially if you like me, have been off the hook from checking the back with using more envelope-style pockets.
|Shown here, a little of the liner pokes out and could lead to wicking problems if not tucked in securely|
Christie and Trey are always offering amazing deals (even on top of their already great prices), so be sure to check out the information below about some other deals you can get if you'd like to get yourself a new pocket diaper or two! Or, read on to find out how you can also be entered to win one! ;)
Head over to the Comfy Rumps website right now to buy a cute pocket diaper of your very own, starting at only $7.25!
As an added bonus, if you buy diapers from Comfy Rumps right now and mention in an email that you are purchasing because of this blog review, they will throw in one bonus diaper for FREE whenever you spend $50 on your order. Plus, don't forget that anytime you buy 10 diapers from Comfy Rumps, you automatically get one free as well! Lots of great deals going on! :)
Comfy Rumps is very generously offering one lucky winner TWO Comfy Rumps pocket diapers of their choosing! (out of available styles/colors)
GIVEAWAY ENDS 5/23/11 at 11:59 PM MST
OPEN TO THE USA & CANADA
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
- leave a separate comment for each action completed
- don't forget your email address for each entry
WAYS TO ENTER:
- Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious)
- Mention your favorite two diapers from the Comfy Rumps website.
- Make a purchase from the Comfy Rumps website. Give yourself 2 entries for each item purchased & mention what you bought.
- ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook
- Join the Comfy Rumps group on Facebook
- ‘Like’ our partner site, Everything Cloth, on Facebook
- Follow our partner site, Everything Cloth, with Google Friend Connect and leave a comment stating you have done so (include your GFC name if it's not apparent)
- Follow @CDcontests on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Follow @Comfyrumps on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Follow @EverythingCloth on Twitter and leave your Twitter username in your comment
- Sign up for the forums at Everything Cloth and post at least one message there. Leave your forum username in a comment (1 entry)
- Tweet this contest and tag @CDcontests and @Comfyrumps (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
- Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog
- Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name)
- Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
- Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Grab the blog button for Everything Cloth and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (add 3 entries)
- Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (add 3 entries)
#Win 2 pocket diapers from @Comfyrumps and @CDcontests (5/23) http://ow.ly/4UMxs #clothdiapers #baby #giveaway
Final details: I received no financial compensation for this review or giveaway, though I did receive the sample items free of charge. All opinions shared are my own, and I was not persuaded to share anything other than my own thoughts. Other users may have different experiences with this product than what I have shared. This giveaway will end on May 23, 2011 at 11:59pm MST and is open to residents of Canada and the United States only. Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org’s services. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen. The prize will be supplied and mailed out to the winner by the sponsor of this giveaway.