I am pleased to be presenting yet another great gift pack up for review. Recently, I partnered with Christy of the Maine Cloth Diaper Company to check out a couple of products that they carry and specialize in. As usual, I was pleased to discover that Christy and her husband, Murray, run the Maine Cloth Diaper Co. from home as well as from a quaint storefront location in Damariscotta, ME. As primarily a WAHM, Christy is able to spend more time with her 3 beautiful children as she pursues her passion for cloth diapering to help support other families, their budgets, and the environment. It's always great to partner with a mom and business like this!
On their website, the Maine Cloth Diaper Co. carries a huge selection of fabulous diapers and relevant accessories. I was also pleased to see that they also carry a variety of other gifts and organic items for baby and mama, such as swaddle blankets, baby carriers, nursing accessories, and even Sophie the teething giraffe! I could honestly spend hours poking around this shop (and find waaaaay too many things I'd love to buy ;)
Up for review, Christy sent me a HuggaBuns pocket diaper with two different styles of inserts. I absolutely love the pale, violet tint of the "Wisteria" shell she sent me as I don't have anything else this shade in my stash. Each HuggaBuns diaper comes standard with a microfibre insert--or, you can add a bamboo prefold insert for $2.00. Christy sent me both types of inserts to try, which was terrific. Both inserts stuffed easily into the wide pocket at the back of the diaper and laid flat, without bunching.
The bamboo prefold-style insert came as a gorgeous, rainbow-serged flat insert that can be tri-folded and placed inside the pocket. Of course, you could also easily use this insert inside another cover from your own stash, which is something I like about it. I prep washed it three times before using it as I know bamboo can still have some natural oils on it that can possibly cause repelling issues. After all the prep-washing, some shrinkage did occur, but the bamboo remained soft and absorbant inside the pocket. I like the concept of using a natural fibre, and I love that the three layers provide lots of absorbancy. One slight downside of the bamboo insert (compared to the microfibre) is that it is slighly bulkier and is not quite as flexible within the diaper, so that is just something to take note of.
The diaper shell itself was not only cute, but super soft and flexible PUL to create a very waterproof diaper that fit well. I loved the ultra-soft microfleece lining that quickly and easily wicked all the moisture away from Baby's bottom. This one-size diaper can also be adjusted for small, medium, and large by customizing the cutely colored rise snaps in front. I love that the rise snaps are a different color than the waist snaps--aside from looking extra cute, I found this was also visually easier to distinguish which snaps should go where (especially for beginning one-size diaper users that may be new to the overwhelming amount of snaps on this style of diaper). The elastic in the leg fit well and never leaked. The waist snaps also allowed for a high degree of customization; however, I did find that at a couple of stages, the cross-over snaps did provide for a bit of a strange fit in the waist that required some asymmetrical snapping; however, this never affected the quality of the diaper or left any room for leaks--it just visually looked a little different than other snapping pocket diapers I've used in the past.
Overall, this is a super cute, lightweight little diaper that will definitely last from infant to potty training. With the largest settings out there for a one-size diaper (fitting from 8lbs all the way up to 42lbs!), this diaper is a steal for only $14.50 from the Maine Cloth Diaper Co.!
I have been very pleased to help out The Maine Cloth Diaper Co. with reviewing these two wonderful products and am very excited to report that they would love to send one lucky reader a prize pack of the exact same items!
Head over to Maine Cloth Diaper Co. right now to buy something new for your stash with a 10% off coupon code! Use code "diapercontest10" to receive your discount (excludes bumGenius, Flip, & Econobum diapers).
Maine Cloth Diaper Co. is generously offering one lucky reader a HuggaBuns and wipes prize pack of your very own--including a HuggaBuns diaper (with inserts) in your choice of available color as well as a set of 4 Mother-ease cloth wipes!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/25/11 at 11:59 PM MST
OPEN TO THE USA & CANADA
Please read all the Giveaway Policies and Rules before participating.
MANDATORY ENTRY: (don't forget your email address)
Follow the Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways blog with Google Friend Connect (leave username in comments if not obvious) AND mention what color of HuggaBuns diaper shell you'd like to win! (1 entry altogether)
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES (leave a separate comment for each action completed): (don't forget your email address)
* Visit Maine Cloth Diaper Co. and mention one other product from their shop that you'd like to try! (1 entry)
* ‘Like’ Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways on Facebook (1 entry)
* 'Like" Maine Cloth Diaper Co. on Facebook and let them know we sent you! (1 entry)
* ‘Like’ our partner site, Everything Cloth, on Facebook (1 entry)
* Mention this giveaway on Facebook, tag ‘Cloth Diaper Contests & Giveaways’ and 'Maine Cloth Diaper Co.' in your post, and leave a permalink in the comments section (1 entry)
* Follow our partner site, Everything Cloth, with Google Friend Connect and leave a comment stating you have done so (include your GFC name if needed) (1 entry)
* Follow @CDcontests on Twitter (1 entry)
* Follow @MaineClothDipe on Twitter
* Follow @EverythingCloth on Twitter (1 entry)
* Sign up for the forums at Everything Cloth and post at least one message there. Leave your forum username in a comment (1 entry)
* Subscribe to email updates from the CDC&G blog (1 entry)
* Follow our blog with the Networked Blogs widget in the sidebar (leave following name) (1 entry)
* Tweet this contest and tag @CDcontests and @MaineClothDipe (max. 1 tweet per day). Leave the permalink in the comments section. (1 entry each tweet) You may use the following tweet if you wish:
* Vote for our blog on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done once daily (1 entry each time)
* Grab our blog button and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)
* Grab the blog button for Everything Cloth and post it on your blog. Leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)
* Blog this giveaway and leave a link to the post in the comments section (3 entries)
Final details: I received no financial compensation for this review or giveaway, though I did receive the sample items free of charge. All opinions shared are my own, and I was not persuaded to share anything other than my own thoughts. This giveaway will end on March 25, 2011 at 11:59pm MST and is open to residents of Canada and the United States only. Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org’s services. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen. The prize will be supplied and mailed out to the winner by the sponsor of this giveaway.